Tuesday 29 March 2016

HA3 Task 4

Original Intentions 

The original intentions of my project was to make sure that i understood the mythical creatures and how they fit into the research of Greek mythology. I took some images of my own and compared them with the mythical creatures from Greek mythology. 

The production of meaning 

No i don't think that my photographs gave a good impression to other students due to the fact we didn't spend much time on taking photographs. Some people said they were okay but they also said that i can improve on them by making the light equal and getting pictures of different parts of the animal rather than just the face. My overall intention of my pictures getting a bad comment about them was likely as they weren't took professionally. 

The production process 

While doing this assignment there were many techniques i used to do the work for example getting grips with the camera and understanding how to use all of its features so the pictures will have better quality when i take them. The skills i learnt are how to use time structure and get really good quality photos. The difficulties i encountered are that i asked people to do a shoot with me and they didn't turn up, not having a lead to upload my pictures, battery running out, storage card is full so no more photos can be stored.

How do your photographs compare to similar professionally produced examples

I dont really think that my work will compare to professional shots but i do think there are some good elements included into my types of shots. The similarities are that my work and a professionals work both contain animals but i have took pictures of animals you see everyday. The professional might have took pictures of rare exotic animals what i cant get a hold of. 

What are the strengths and weaknesses of your photographs 

With the photographs i took i realized that there are more weaknesses than strengths. On each contact sheet i created they had strengths and weaknesses in them. The weaknesses are that not all the pictures have a lot of light applied to them so its hard to see whats in the picture due to the loss of light, i didn't really get a lot of different features with my animals as they were all pictures of their face. The strengths included in my work are that the images are clear their close-up shots and they show detail of the animal.

If you were to do this project again what would you change

If i had the opportunity to do this assignment again i would manage my time more efficiently so i could get more shots of the animals and show more detail and parts of them so the viewer can get a better understanding of the animal. I would also try to get more clearer photos of the animals so i could create more contact sheets and show of my photography skills. I would also show a different approach to my work and get a wider range of different animals i could use for the assignment. 











No comments:

Post a Comment